- Using PHP Short Tags
- PHP Short Tags refers to '<?' when a full tag is '<?php'. Most PHP installations has short tags support - but there are a few installations that have turned it off. So it is recommended that you don't use the short tags in your app if you plan to distribute it.
- Capture the Output of an Included File
- It is possible to capture the output of an include to a variable. This is useful for caching and code generation. I found this feature when I was creating a code generation script for IFrame.
- Path of the Current File in PHP
- There are various methods of find the path of the current file in PHP. But the problem is to find one that is consistent across all servers. The following is a list of the most commonly used methods to find the location of the current file. The definitions are taken from the PHP manual(Predefined Variables) and are modified slightly.
- Curl Function in GoDaddy Hosting
- Using the Curl Function in GoDaddy Hosting - this is tricky as GoDaddy is using a proxy server.