I am looking at some spam I received at LinDesk. These are not your average spam – they are real good. I even let one through before I understood they were spam.
- spartan300 | email@example.com | dolcemp3.com | IP: 22.214.171.124
Hhmmm,, this sounds good. but I not yet into upgrading my Fedora7 to 8. iâ€™m not that afraid of changes, but I might incur another error with my linux. I still have lot of work to do, maybe iâ€™ll try this later next week. Thanks though for this blog. 🙂
In article Sound Issue in Fedora 8
- 2cool2sexy | firstname.lastname@example.org | dolcemp3.com | IP: 126.96.36.199
Have you checked on its system requirements? You should try checking of their site. http://banshee-project.org/
I believe there are helpdesk there that can support you.
In article Banshee – Music Management and Playback for GNOME
- audio-fanatic | email@example.com | dolcemp3.com | IP: 188.8.131.52
another nice review here Lin. You really adore using Linux-based software? I think this mp3 software is the one fit for my notebook.
In article Audacious Media Player
First of all, do you agree with me? Are these spam?
The reason why I think they are spam are the following…
- Same URL and Email – but different names.
- Zero content comments – they add no value to the post.
- My previous experience has taught me that comments with @aol.com email addresses are often spam.
- This guy has only commented on MP3 related posts – his URL leads to an MP3 site.
The reason why they may not be spam are just as valid.
- These comments are written by humans – not bots.
- The writer of the second comment(about banshee) has obviously read the post.
- The commenter has at least a passing knowledge of Linux and Linux softwares.
So, have you received any spam like this – comments that you are unsure about? These three comments are still in my moderation queue. I need advice on how to deal with them.
I could let them through – if no one looks closely, they will think these are actual comments. That will give the articles an appearance of popularity. It is a good thing for me. But I have a zero tolerance policy towards spam. If the comment is a spam, I will not allow it on my site. Its a matter of principle.