A New Blogging Tradition – Subscription NotificationBy Binny V A • Oct 20th, 2008 • Category: Blogging, Opinion
For the last week, I have been following a new tradition – whenever I subscribe to a site, I send off an email to the sites author letting him/her know that I have subscribed. The main benefit of doing this is networking. Also, you can send the link to your blog in that mail.
Last week, I subscribed to a few new blogs – and I send them an email notifying them that I subscribed – along with my link. Here is a list of those blogs…
This is the basic template of the email I send – feel free to modify it and use it if you want to do this as well…
I am Binny V A(http://blog.binnyva.com). I wrote this to let you know that I just subscribed to your site. I really enjoyed the [name of an article you really enjoyed] article.
Also, I have a blog in this field – http://lindesk.com/ – check it out.
Thanks – and keep up the good work.
Binny V A
Sometimes, I also ask them to consider switching to full feeds(if they are using partial feeds). Or if I find a bug in their site(like a broken link or something), I let them know in this mail.
In some cases I could not send these – because I can’t find the email of the admin. In such cases, I am thinking about leaving a comment to let them know – but I am not sure about it.
Advantages of Subscription Notification
- You can contact someone else in the same field as you – this relation can later lead to backlinks, guest blogging opportunities, etc.
- A Possible New Reader
- You are sending your link to another blogger in the same field as you – chances are, he will subscribe to your blog as well.
- World Peace
- When someone sends you an email telling you how much they loved your blog and so on, you get a warm fuzzy feeling. The sender also gets a bit of this ‘WFF‘ by sending it.
- And More
- I have only started doing this for a week – I’ll find out its hidden advantages later on.
What do you think?
This is the part I want your help in – what do you think of the idea? Some points I would like your feedback on…
- Will these emails be considered spammy?
- How will you respond if you get an email like this? Will you think someone is pushing you their site – or will you be glad to put a face on one of your feedburner stats?
- Will you consider doing this?
Image Credit: oooh.oooh