Export To WordPress: Joomla PluginBy Binny V A • Jul 19th, 2009 • Category: Scripts, WordPress
After covering WordPress and Drupal, its time for me to set my eyes on Joomla – the next major CMS software in the OSS field. Today, I’ll release my first ever Joomla plugin – the Export to WordPress plugin. This ‘component'(as Joomla users calls it), will create a XML dump of your sites contents. This XML file is readable and importable by wordpress. This plugin is important if you want to migrate from Joomla to WordPress. The XML dump will include all your posts, with categories and with all its comments.
Note: This is my first Joomla Plugin – so expect bugs. I am sure that my code is pretty horrific by professional Joomla plugin writers standards. So if you are migrating a site using this, please test the results thoroughly.
- Log into the Admin interface of Joomla.
- Go to Extensions > Install/Uninstall
- Enter this URL into the ‘Install URL’ field: ‘http://www.bin-co.com/tools/joomla/plugins/com_wordpressexport/com_wordpressexport.zip’
- Now go to Components > Export to WordPress to create a XML dump.
- You can import the created file into WordPress.
Plugin Week 2
This plugin is part of the Plugin Week 2 series. Plugin Week is a week when I publish a new plugin each day for an entire week. I have already one this one time – so this is Plugin Week 2. The plugins released so far…
- Weather Man
- MiniCart WordPress Plugin
- Gallifrey WordPress Plugin
- GIMP Plugin – Web 2.0 Shadows
- Drupal Plugin: Page Ad
If you want to get news about the upcoming plugin releases(remember, 1 per day), please subscribe to this site.