After the success of Plugin Week, I have decided to do it once again. So, without further ado, Welcome to Plugin Week 2. If you don’t know what a plugin week is, its a week when I publish one plugin per day – for an entire week.
There is one big difference between Plugin Week 1 and Plugin Week 2. In Plugin Week 1, only wordpress plugins where release(they are Eventr, Autofields, Pollin, Surveys, Quartz and Quizzin). This time around, I will not restrict myself to WordPress plugins – I’m going for other software too – expect Drupal plugins, jQuery plugins and more.
I’ll start off with a very simple plugin…
Weather Man WordPress Plugin
Weather Man shows the weather as a widget in the sidebar. You can add the widget using the Widget page under Appearance. Or you can add it in a post using the [weather-man] shortcode anywhere in the post. It uses Yahoo’s Weather API.
- Download the zipped file.
- Extract and upload the contents of the folder to /wp-contents/plugins/ folder
- Go to the Plugin management page of WordPress admin section and enable the ‘Weather Man’ plugin
- Go to the Widget configuration(under Appearance) and add the Weather Man Widget into any sidebar.
- Alternatively, you can add the [weather-man] tag in any post and the Weather Man Widget will show up there.
If you have any suggestions or notice any problems with the plugin, post it in the Weather Man Plugin forum.
About Me and Plugin Week
If you want to get news about the upcoming plugin releases(remember, 1 per day), please subscribe to this site.
If you like the concept of the Plugin Week or if you found it helpful, consider writing a post about Plugin Week on your blog. If you write a post, please let me know – and I’ll list your post on the last day of the plugin week(it will have a ‘Thank You for your Support’ section).
Next plugin will be released tomorrow.